Robe Burda 10-2011-116

I made this dress to wear for my 50th birthday which happens to be on next Sunday. I wish I had better pictures but I am running short of time at this busy period of the year.
I must say that this dress is out of my comfort zone but strangely, I was dragged to it the minute I saw it in Burda's October issue.
The settings of this photo are, with no doubt, much more glamourus than my kitchen. To my excuse, it has been pouring rain all day long on this side of the pound.
As I said I am not used to peter pan collars ( Col Claudine in French) but I wanted to try something on trend. Hope I don't look too much like a spinster.
One thing I like a lot about this dress is the back with its two oversized white buttons.

 This dress is rated two dots which can be considered as average  I would say it is easy if you are not too short of time and can sew an invisible zip. The most time consuming task was grading up the pattern to fit my size as it stops at 44 and I am in between 46 and 48 with a full bust.
As far as drafting  is  concerned, I am not to found of the collar, I am sure there's something wrong with it.
As in other instances, with Burda the arms feel quite snug contrary to the body that I found very comfortable to wear.
To conclude with this number, I have not seen many versions of this dress so far but for the russians seamstresses. I think this is a nice dress if you like this style. If I have not convinced you check Rosy's and Anajan's fabulous versions.

Commentaires

  1. Marie-Noelle, you are beautiful in this dress. It looks so elegant.
    Happy Birthday.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I like your version very much. Happy Birthday!, I too turned 50 this year (March)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Love the classic shape of this dress. It looks so nice on you. Happy Birthday! (Mine is the day after yours!)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. A very nice birthday dress! You look great!
    Very beautiful are the two oversized buttons on the dress.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Oh! I was so taken with the pictures that I didn't read a word of what you wrote! Happy happy birthday! It's a beautiful dress and you look amazing in it!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Fantastique! Wear it when we meet!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Bon anniversaire ,donc,et la robe te va à merveille,c'est très élégant.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Have a wonderful birthday!

    Your dress looks beautiful on you and I like the black and white.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. I love it on you Marie-Noelle! I have been wondering how I could 'pull off' a peter pan collar, and you've just shown me!
    Happy Birthday too!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Elle est ravissante cette robe, très élégante

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. bon anniversaire
    cette robe est très chic

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Un très Joyeux Anniversaire!
    Ravissante Robe!

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. A beautiful, classic style dress. And Happy 50th birthday! Thanks for the link to the Russian Burda photo site.

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Joyeux Noël entre normande et bonne cuisine!JBB

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. i love the collar. it's simple and sophisticated at the same time :D

    RépondreSupprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire

Merci pour votre visite. Vos commentaires sont toujours appréciés.

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Une chemise pour mon homme

couffin pour poupée

Ajuster un pantalon : raccourcir la fourche