An epiphany moment

I my last post I explained how hard it was for me to categorize my body shape.

Thanks to Audrey now, I know I am an apple. By the way, do drop by her fantastic blog Sew Tawdry, she's such a talented seamstress and so inspirational.
That's why I love, the Internet sewing community. It is such a helpful and resourceful network.

So this is how I was introduced to Joy Wilson's Body Shape Fashion Advice.

This is a very userfriendly style site IMO and if you need help to learn what suits your body shape it is the place to go to.

Now I know I am an apple so what ?

It means that I am pretty in proportion (or so I think) but tend to carry my weight aroundy my mid section (sad but so true) without a well-defined waist. Dressing is all about showing off those best bits and avoiding adding volume round my middle.


What are the dos and don't for an apple ?


YES :
Empire lines and wrap dresses are for me my and longer length tops will flatter my figure. Low-ish necklines will draw the eye upwards. V-necks  iare a good choice.
 
NO :
Short, boxy jackets : this means as I suspected that typical Chanel jacket are not for me neither are pleated ( (so on trend at the moment) or tiered skirts are not my friends. Turtle neck are to be avoided too so are double-breated jackets.

I don't find this restrictive. I think it will be much easy now to choose a style I want to make and I am looking forward to build a new wardrobe.
I hope this will help you too.

I wish everybody a happy sewing week.

Commentaires

  1. Sorry Marie Noelle, I'm too tired to write in French tonight. I am also an apple shape, but do not agree that we can't wear boxy jackets. They work for me if the neckline is vshaped not round. Also I think a dark turtleneck sweater is fine, worn with a vest or jacket. Rules are made to be broken perhaps. Happy sewing to you too.

    RépondreSupprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire

Merci pour votre visite. Vos commentaires sont toujours appréciés.

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Une chemise pour mon homme

couffin pour poupée

Ajuster un pantalon : raccourcir la fourche