sewing relating post ENFIN!!!!

My sewing mojo is back at last!!!.

1/I finished burda so famous turtle neck. The one below is the burda version. I used a black rayon knit for mine.






2/a boho silk blouse that I started after xmas intending to wear it for the new year.
The technical drawing gives a better idea of the product than the pictures as usual for Burda.
Here's what it looks like on your favourite model.



 
I feared it might looked like a maternity blouse but hopefuly it doesn't. Your honest opinion would be must appreciated on this point.
I chose a very airy silk chiffon that I purchased at my local Toto Soldes fabric shop. To sew this very thin fabric I used my teflon foot and it helped a lot.
The pintucks on the front and back neck and in the sleeve cap were rather time consuming and asked for precise marking but they are nice.
The neck edge and bottom hem are intentionaly left unfinished but for a secure stiching 1 cm from the edges. Apparently it doesnt fray with that type of fabric.
What I realy like about this blouse are the very gathered sleeves at the cuff. I find them very feminine.
FYI because of the chilly weather, I am wearing this over the Burda turtle neck.


As a conclusion, my sister-in-law gifted me with a huge bag of fabrics when we visited her last sunday.
These are remnants but more of them are more than a yard long. They are mainly microfibre or poly crepe and I might sew some nice blouses, dresses, skrits or night gowns soon.


More on this later, happy sewing week to all of you.

Commentaires

  1. What a great fabric. I makes this blouse so beautiful. I really like your version of it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. It is a lovely feminine top and the fabric print is unique.I do not think it looks like a maternity top. I admire you for making it in silk chiffon, which can be challenging to work with.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I like the tucks at the sleeve head and the fabric is lovely. Glad to hear you have your sewing mojo back! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Not maternity at all! The fabric is beautiful - hopefully you can show me where to buy such -tissu gorgeous quand je suis a Paris et de m'aider avec mon français déplorable!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. je n'ai pas tout compris mais le modèle est ravissant, c'est un Burda de quel mois ? ( et année ?).
    il ne fait pas du tout "maternité" et le tissu est très beau...
    Martine

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. This blouse looks great on you, not motherhood .... only romantic and ethereal, the sleeves are adorable!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Such a pretty top! It does not look like maternity at all. You will be able to wear it with a tank top when the warm weather arrives!

    RépondreSupprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire

Merci pour votre visite. Vos commentaires sont toujours appréciés.

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Une chemise pour mon homme

couffin pour poupée

Ajuster un pantalon : raccourcir la fourche